Corporate Wellness Plan
More business leaders entrust their health and wellness to Medcan than any other professional healthcare provider. With a team of over 65 physicians and specialists, Medcan offers everything from screening and diagnostic tests through our Comprehensive Health Assessment, to year-round care with our Medcan Wellness Plan. We’re here to ensure your health keeps pace with your busy life.
Do companies need corporate healthcare?
In short, yes.
We know how health and wellness can get overlooked as we all try to balance the demands of daily life. Medcan respects that your employees’ time is valuable. That’s why we offer efficient, seamless, reliable care from a team of over 65 physicians and specialists. By providing corporate healthcare for employees, you give them the resources they need for optimal performance.
Investing in Employee Health is an Investment in Your Business
The 2014 Sanofi Canada Healthcare Survey found that employers in Canada lost an average of 9.3 workdays per full-time employee in 2012, 7.6 of which were due to illness and disability. This translates to approximately $1,700 lost per employee (i).
In a January 2014 report, the Health Council of Canada found that (ii):
- 57% of Canadians report having at least one chronic health problem (conditions include arthritis, cancer, mental health problems, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol)
- 1/6th of Canadians say their health problems limit their ability to work
- 61% of Canadians don’t get reminders when they’re due for preventative care
A 2013 study by the Journal of Occupation and Environmental Medicine found that companies that invested in corporate healthcare programs outperform the rest of the stock market by a wide margin.
(i) The Sanofi Canada Healthcare Survey, 2014
(ii) Health Council of Canada, Survey of the General Public Health, 2013 Commonwealth Fund International Health Policy, H Affairs.
Give your employees the benefits of advanced screening and year-round care
As a member of the Corporate Wellness Plan, your employees will receive a Comprehensive Health Assessment. This provides a complete snapshot of their health, as well as year-round healthcare through the Medcan Wellness Plan.
The Comprehensive Health Assessment is the first step towards optimizing health and wellness. Designed to detect disease in early stages for early intervention, Medcan’s Comprehensive Health Assessment caught a previously undetected condition in 37% of clients in 2014, including:
- 142 cases of cancer
- 547 cases of cardiovascular disease, and
- 146 cases of diabetes.
In cases like these, our team of physicians, including over 20 in-house specialists and support teams, ensure employees receive the best treatment as soon as possible. In addition to the Comprehensive Health Assessment, our Wellness Clinic provides year-round healthcare, so employees get the care they need, when they need it, wherever they are.
The Corporate Wellness Plan includes:
- Annual health check-in
- Annual appointment with onsite testing and same day results in a single visit
- One-hour consultation with a physician
- Up to 16 distinct health screening tests
- Over 60 physicians and specialists onsite
- Dedicated referral team and Nurse Consultant to arrange any necessary follow-up care
Year-round episodic care:
- Same/next day doctor appointments year-round, including Saturdays
- Appointments in person or through video consults on your smartphone, tablet or PC
- Personal Nurse Consultant who is your case manager for medical inquiries
- After-hours access to medical advice from a Medcan Nurse on-call
- Prescription renewals by telephone 24/7
- Global Travel Medical Assistance
View or click on the video below to see what your employees can expect year round from Medcan as a Corporate Wellness Plan member.
How to enroll your company in a Medcan Corporate Wellness Plan
To learn more, or to get started with a Corporate Wellness Plan, please contact Yolanda Billinkoff, our VP of Corporate Accounts, at email@example.com
Stay informed with the latest information on Corporate Healthcare
- Benefits Canada Magazine (March 2014). Green Screen. Access article
- Benefits and Pensions Monitor (June 2014). Head to Toe Return. Access article
For information on the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario’s Block Fees and Uninsured Services policy, please visit their website at www.cpso.on.ca.
For a list of Medcan's uninsured services fees, click here.