Did you know that approximately 66% of patients change their treatment plan once they receive a second opinion?
If you require a second opinion on a diagnosis or treatment plan, we can arrange to have your medical records reviewed by a top global specialist in whatever field is required. Depending on your availability, you can receive a second opinion in-person, through telemedicine consult, or in a mailed written report.
To ensure that we have everything needed to make the most of your second opinion, a Nurse Case Manager will complete a full records collection and chart review, then share recommendations and results with you.
Johns Hopkins Liaison Service
Medcan has a long-standing relationship with Johns Hopkins Medicine International. In fact, we are the only Canadian healthcare partner selected by the world-renowned hospital.
If you are a Medcan client experiencing a more complex medical situation, you can take comfort in our ability to facilitate consultation and collaboration with Johns Hopkins.
Our clients also benefit from the continuing medical education and knowledge exchange between Johns Hopkins faculty and Medcan physicians.
Our Johns Hopkins Liaison Service features:
- An experienced Medcan nurse, supported by more than 65 Medcan physicians and specialists, can answer questions about Johns Hopkins’ areas of expertise and treatment options
- Assistance in completing preliminary paperwork for seeking care with Johns Hopkins specialists
- A care coordinator at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore to assist with appointment scheduling, patient education, advocacy, accommodations and financial counselling in order to seamlessly blend your medical needs with your preferences
- A Medcan point-of-contact during your care at Johns Hopkins and for any follow-up care in Canada
- Depending on the medical complexity, a consultation with a Medcan physician is also included